New Brunswick Agribusiness Insurance
Farm Insurance Specialists servicing all of Atlantic Canada.
In the Maritimes, we have over 9,445 different Agribusiness. If you have a hobby farm or a production farm, you need to have the right farm insurance. Farms are the heart beat of most communities. Many of them have been in the family for generations and some are an owned business, or part of a larger operation. For many families, the farm is both home and business.
One of the biggest mistakes made by farm owners is not identifying all operations of the farm or even planning in advance some future operations that will be added. Without identifying your operations, the coverage that you will get will not be suitable for your needs.
Many uncontrollable natural factors can destroy the hard work of farmers. You do want to make sure you have protection for all kinds of unforeseeable risk including; disease, weather related, vermin and much more. If any industry is at risk, this is one of the top ones.
There are not just the natural factors to worry of, think about;
- Breeders guarantee
- Computerized equipment which includes soil, weather and crop sensors
- Crop Insurance
- Farm Fleet Cover – vehicles utilized for the business
- Frozen Fruit Juices & Food
- General Liability
- Hail on Crops
- Livestock Insurance
- Loss of income
- Machinery and equipment
- Outbuildings and content
- Pollution Liability Insurance
- Product Liability protection
- Seafood Processing & Packaging
- Soybean Processing
What about Life Insurance for Farmers
It may seem like an unnecessary expense but think twice. For Farmers, life insurance is a way to protect key employees and the Farm itself. Life insurance may be used to pay potential estate taxes and it’s also commonly used to buy out partners in a buy & sell agreement, if there's an unexpected death of an owner. The policy may also include accident and disability insurance.
All these gaps in your Farm Insurance could cost you money, time or even your agribusiness. If you want clarification on your current Agro insurance policy or if your agribusiness has changed since you purchased your policy, it would be our pleasure to review your protections!
Why you should put all your eggs (insurance) in one basket?
What do we mean by this; it’s in your best interest to have your farm, house, vehicles, etc. insured via one broker.
2 simple reasons;
- The broker needs to understand your complete farm business across the board, it will avoid being doubled insured, have gaps in your coverage and it will avoid arguments between insurers if you have a major claim.
- It will give you a better price as well for your coverage.
Type of Protections
There is an array of different protections available for Agribusinesses, it all depends on the kind of Agricultural business that you have.
GoToInsure.ca brokers deal with insurers that can offer the following to farmers;
- Aqua Farms
- Breeding Horse farms
- Crops Standing Grain and Vegetable
- Dairy Farms
- Farm Supplies Merchant Wholesalers
- Fertilizer Dealers & Distributors with Custom Mixing
- Fish & Seafood Merchant Wholesalers
- Flower, Nursery Stock & Florist Supplies Merchant Wholesalers
- Fruit & Vegetable Merchant Dealers
- Gentleman farms
- Hog Farms
- Livestock, primarily cattle & sheep
- Meat Packing Plants
- Milk Haulers
- Mills (Animal Feed Manufacturing, Feed Mills, Flour Milling, Grain)
- Nursery, Garden Center & Farm Supply Stores
- Ostrich Farms
- Poultry Farms
- Seed Merchants
- Sod Farms
- Veterinary Services (livestock services)
- Wholesale nurseries
Whatever you want to call it; Farm Insurance, Agribusiness Insurance or Agricultural Insurance,GoToInsure.ca has experience in a wide range of Farm insurance. We invite you to contact us via phone, on-line or in person to discuss your needs. We will make it as easy as possible to find your specific coverage.