- SSL Encryption is the leading provider of digital authentication services and products for electronic commerce and other forms of secure communications.
- Through SSL encryption, the certificate assures that information is kept private between our web server and our clients' web browsers. This is 2048-bit strong encryption-browser trust enabled. (Making this site as secure as your personal Banking website.)
Cookies and Other Technologies
We gather some information automatically and store it in log files, as is true of most internet services. This information includes browser type and language, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, Internet service provider (ISP), operating system, referring and exit website and applications and date & time stamp.
Your knowledge and consent are required before we may collect, use or disclose your personal information, except in special circumstances, such as during a fraud investigation, an investigation by the police, or in situations otherwise permitted by the law.
How do you provide us with your consent?
- When you deal with us on insurance related questions or in connection to our services, you provide us with your implied consent for the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information necessary for Identification Purposes.
For example, you provide your implied consent when you request a quote, apply for insurance or other products with us, or when you voluntarily provide personal information to us through G.T.I. Broker Group Inc. website operating as GoToInsure.ca located at www.gotoinsure.ca.Another example, you have an existing insurance policy with us and you request changes to this policy, it is assumed that the consent which you gave to us upon purchasing the original insurance policy remains in effect.
- Consent can be given by one individual on behalf of other individuals. For example, where a person applies for Car insurance for the whole family, the applicant is giving consent for the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information both for themselves and their family members although the family members are not present during the request of services.
How can you withdraw you consent?
You may withdraw your consent at any time upon reasonable notice, subject to legal or contractual restrictions. You must be aware, however, that withdrawing your consent may affect our ability to continue to provide you with the products and services that you have or would like to receive.
To withdraw your consent, you should Contact Our Privacy Officer. Unless we hear otherwise from you, you are giving to us your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as provided in this Policy for the Identified Purposes.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Your personal information is retained only as long as we need it to effectively provide Insurance products and/or other services to you and for a reasonable length of time thereafter in order to meet any potential obligations or legal or government requirements. In an effort to prevent any unauthorized access to your personal information, G.T.I. Broker Group Inc. will always use the utmost care when storing or destroying it.
You have a right to access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information that we have in our possession or control. You also have a right to know which third parties have received your information from G.T.I. Broker Group Inc.
How do you access your personal information?
In order to access your information you must make your request in writing to Our Privacy Officer, stating as specifically as possible which personal information you are requesting.
We have 30 days to respond to such requests, and may charge you a reasonable fee for providing access to your personal information, but only after first advising you of the approximate cost.
G.T.I. Broker Group Inc. has the right to refuse your request for access to personal information if:
- The information is protected by solicitor-client privilege.
- The information would likely reveal personal information about another individual.
- Doing so would reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
- The information was collected for purposes related to the detection and prevention of fraud.
- The information was generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process.
If you have any concerns
If you have any question or concern about any of the information you have read here, please contact our Privacy Officer. You should be able to get swift results by contacting us:
Email address: email@example.com
Toll Free number: 1-877-314-4484
Fax number: 1-877-846-4484
G.T.I. Broker Group Inc.
173 Canada Street
Saint-Quentin, NB E8A 1J6
If we do not resolve your questions or complaint to your satisfaction, you may address your concerns to:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30 Victoria Street
Toll-free: 1 (800) 282-1376
Fax:: (819) 994-5424
TTY: (819) 994-6591
Revised by G.T.I. Broker Group Inc. team on December 15, 2014